What is CRISP?
The Community of Ringwood Indigenous Species Plant Nursery is a plant nursery run by volunteers who grow indigenous plants to put back into local parks, reserves and home gardens.
What are our aims?
- to introduce people to the beauty of our local native plants,
- to grow plants that are now rare in the Ringwood / Heathmont area,
- to replenish our reserves with their original flora,
- to reduce weed growth in our reserves,
- to increase food and shelter for native birds, insects such as butterflies, and other animals,
- to support other groups involved in revegetation and maintenance of bush reserves.
Who do we supply to?
CRISP grows plants for:
- Maroondah Council
- local schools
- various environmental groups
- government agencies
- home gardeners
Many of our plants are used for re-vegetating our local parks and reserves. Together we are helping to preserve our unique local biodiversity.
Where are we?
17 Greenwood Avenue
Ringwood, VIC 3134.
Wednesday 9:30am - 12:30pm
Friday 9:30am - 12:30pm
Saturday 10:00am - 1:00pm
(now open every Saturday, March to November)
How can you support CRISP?
Become a volunteer
CRISP is run by volunteers from the local community who feel passionate about doing something for the local environment. You can be one of these volunteers. Assistance is provided to identify and propagate indigenous plants. By volunteering you will also meet people with similar interests and help the environment. Contact the nursery for further information about introductory sessions.
Become a member
Your membership ensures an on-going supportive community.
Benefits of membership includes:
- Discounts on plant purchases.
- Advice and help on gardening issues.
- Advanced notices of special events and sales.
- Three newsletters each year, full of advice on growing plants, and information on local environment issues.
Note: Visit the nursery and ask about our new member special offers with your first purchase of 20 or more tubestock plants.
See Membership page for more details about Fees and How to Join.